makes about 30 mini muffin appetizers
- 1 can RO*TEL Original diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 lb. hot or mild italian sausage
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 c. dry corn muffin mix
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by browning the sausage in a large skillet. Once it’s browned and crumbled, drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the sausage to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through in the center.
This recipe would work great with any flavor of Ro*Tel. Mix it up and see which one you like best! Make sure to keep these muffins in the refrigerator if there happens to be any left!