- 1 (9 oz. bag) tortilla chips
- 5 T. butter, melted
- 1 T. sugar
- 3/4 lb. Italian Sausage (spicy or sweet)
- 1 small onion or a half a large onion, diced
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can of green chillies
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take the tortilla chips and grind in a food processor or a blender until the crumbs are fine.
- Measure out 2 cups of crumbs and leave the rest of the crumbs for topping the quiche when it’s done.
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar and the 2 cups of crumbs together well.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- In a large skillet, brown the onion for 5 minutes, then add the sausage and cook until brown.
- Pour in the can of green chillies and stir to combine.
- Pour the sausage mixture into a large bowl to cool.
- In another bowl, beat the 10 eggs together with the cheese, the sour cream, the salt and pepper.
- Pour the sausage mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the tortilla crust and set on a baking sheet lined with foil to bake.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking after 30 minutes to see if the egg in the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the quiche to loosen it from the sides of the pan.
- Carefully loosen the spring and remove the quiche.
- Top with the extra tortilla crumbs and serve with guacamole and sour cream on the side.