Serves 4 for dinner or can be served as an appetizer for up to 8.
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with the tails left on
- 1 T. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 3 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 6 T. butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. chopped celery leaves
- 1 baguette for serving
- Season the shrimp with the Old Bay, salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Heat 2 T. of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the shrimp, cooking for 2 minutes until pink.
- Remove the shrimp to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 T. of olive oil to the skillet and cook the garlic and rosemary for 1 minute over low heat.
- Add the beer to the skillet and reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce then cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, lemon juice and cream and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cooked shrimp back to the pan to warm through.
- Top with chopped celery leaves.
- Serve with big pieces of the bread for dipping in the sauce.