Turkey Leg Split Pea Soup is the warm and comforting dinner you’re looking for tonight. A slow cooker recipe that cooks all day while you’re gone and is the perfect way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 bag split peas (16 oz.)
- 2 smoked turkey legs (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 7 cups water
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and set on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the turkey legs, let cool and shred.
- Using an immersion blender (or once the soup is cooled you can use a blender in batches) blend the soup until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the shredded turkey meat back into the soup and stir, or you can serve the shredded turkey as a garnish on top of each bowl of soup.
Keywords: leftover turkey recipes, leftover turkey soup, leftover turkey ideas, turkey soup, easy turkey leg recipe