This slow cooker recipe transforms flank steak into a tender, Asian flavored dinner!
- 2 1/2–3 lb. flank steak, cut into large cubes
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 4 scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Add the steak cubes to a slow cooker.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together (except for the cornstarch) and pour over the steak.
- Top with the slices of red onion and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Remove the steak and onions to a bowl with tongs or a slotted spoon, leaving the sauce. Let it cool slightly then shred the steak into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the sauce into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture while whisking and bring back to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and onions and toss to combine.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds.
Keywords: slow cooker recipe, crock pot recipe, crock pot beef, shaking beef recipe, steak recipe, dinner recipe