This Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast is my twist on the famous Mississippi Pot Roast. Except this easy pot roast recipe has a some Jersey flavor!
- 4–5 lb. Bottom Chuck Roast
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 (.7 oz package) dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (.87 package) Brown Gravy mix
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into strips
- Season the roast on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Pour half the tomato sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker then add the meat on top.
- Add the dressing and gravy mixes to the top of the roast then pour the remaining tomato sauce on the top and sides of the roast.
- Place the pepper strips in the slow cooker around the meat.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker, slice and spoon the sauce and peppers over the top.
Keywords: slow cooker pot roast, slow cooker pot roast recipe, easy slow cooker pot roast, beef pot roast slow cooker