These Slow Cooker Crispy Chicken Carnitas are sure to be a favorite dinner at your house! Use this chicken for tacos or nachos or just serve over rice!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 large navel orange, half sliced and half reserved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Flour or corn tortillas for serving
- Pour the apple juice in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and season with the oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- Place the orange slices on top, then squeeze the other half of the orange over the chicken. Cook high for 3 hours, or low for 6.
- Shred chicken and place back in slow cooker, tossing in the juices, then cook on high for one more hour hour.
- Spread chicken on sheet pan, draining the juice. (remove the bay leaves and orange slices)
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, toss, then place under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, toss and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Broil for another 5 minutes until crispy.
- Serve in tortillas, taco shells or over rice.