These easy appetizers can be eaten for a fun dinner too!
- 2 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet with the onions over medium heat.
- Stir and cook about 5 minutes until translucent then add in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sausage to the skillet with the onions and break up with a spoon until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the cream cheese and roasted red peppers.
- Turn off the heat and set the filling aside.
- Place one package of crescent roll dough on a cutting board sprinkled with flour.
- Press the seams together with your fingers then roll out slightly.
- Using a 3 1/4″ round cutter, cut out 8 rounds of dough and place each round into the center of a mini muffin tin. Roll out the leftover dough and cut out 2 more rounds.
- Repeat with the other package of dough, then fill to the tops with the sausage filling.
- Top with the mozzarella and bake for 10 minutes.
Keywords: appetizers, appetizer recipe, crescent rolls, easy recipes