This post brought to you by Classico Riserva. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mantitlement.
These Saucy Chicken Pizza Rolls are full of shredded chicken and cheese, all rolled up with an eggplant and artichoke sauce!
Besides the taste, the best part about these pizza rolls is that they take about 15 minutes to make.
The big help here is just opening a bottle of Classico Riserva Pasta Sauce. I chose the Eggplant & Artichoke variety but there’s a lot more to choose from – Marinara, Roasted Garlic, Arrabbiata and Puttanesca. All work work amazingly in this recipe so just pick your favorite!
These new sauces from Classico don’t have any artificial ingredients and you won’t find any added sugar in there either. So you can feel good about picking up a few jars and keeping them on hand for dinner time.
And if you ask me these are the nicest looking pizza rolls I’ve ever seen. White table cloth pizza rolls even…
What I like about this recipe is that it’s kid friendly, but also upscale enough to serve at a party for appetizers. All you have to do is crack open a good bottle of wine maybe set out a salad and you’re good to go.
Start these Saucy Chicken Pizza Rolls by getting a packaged pizza dough, shredded mozzarella cheese, and of course the Classico Riserva sauce.
I shredded up a couple of chicken breasts that I roasted in the oven, easy since it was the only thing I actually had to cook for this recipe…
Roll it out on a board just a little and then cover it with the Classico Riserva Eggplant & Artichoke sauce. I think I’ve got the perfect amount in this recipe, so it’s saucy but not falling apart on you.
Then comes a layer of mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken. You could also use crumbled beef or sausage that you browned up ahead of time, or even leave the meat out for a vegetarian version.
Then the final layer is fresh basil. The fresh basil really adds a good flavor to these pizza rolls, so don’t skip this step!
Then it’s time to roll it up. DO this carefully, it’s pretty stuffed at this point, but you’re going to start with the long end and roll to end up with the seam side down. Then cut it into about 1 1/2″ pieces so you end up with 9 pieces.
Stand them up in an 8″x 8″ baking dish and get ’em in the oven.
They’ll bake covered for about 20 minutes, then uncover them for another 5 to crisp up the tops. And then the magic happens…
Cut yourself out a roll (or cut them all) and dive in. The chunks of eggplant and artichoke mixed together with the cheese and the chicken…it’ll seem like you slaved all day in the kitchen to make these!
And for the real fun news – I’m hosting a giveaway!
How would you kick up your recipe with Riserva? Taking an ordinary recipe and turning it into extra-ordinary?
Leave a comment below with your recipe idea, photos are definitely encouraged along with a copy of the actual recipe. The winner will receive VIP coupons to go out and grab some more sauce!
- Saucy Chicken Pizza Rolls
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough tube
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Classico Riserva Eggplant & Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is no longer pink.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and shred.
- On a lightly floured board, spread out the pizza and roll out just slightly until you have a 9” x 12” rectangle.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the dough leaving a 1/2“ border along the edges.
- Cover the sauce with the mozzarella cheese, then the chicken and then the fresh basil leaves.
- Roll the dough up from the long side of the rectangle making a 12” long tube.
- Cut the tube into 9 even slices, about 1 1/2“ thick each then stand up the slices with the cut sides showing in an 8”x8” baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake another 5-8 minutes until the tops are browned and crispy.