Roasted beets and sweet potatoes with a buttery sweet glaze that is a delicious side dish to any meal!
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (small, 1 inch dice)
- 4 beets, peeled and cubed (small, 1 inch dice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Glaze
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 3–4 fresh thyme sprigs, plus 2 tablespoons more chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 435 degrees.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the beets, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes and beets are in the oven, make the brown butter glaze by adding 1 stick of butter to a skillet along with the fresh thyme sprigs.
- Melt the butter down until just browned (about 5 minutes) then stir in the maple syrup and remove from the heat.
- After 30 minutes, remove the potatoes and beets from the oven and toss with the brown butter glaze.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes then remove to a large serving plater and garnish with the two tablespoons of reserved chopped thyme.
Keywords: roasted beets, roasted sweet potatoes, brown butter, brown butter glaze, maple glaze, side dish, holiday side dish, thanksgiving side dish