Makes 7 sliders
For the sliders
- 1 3/4 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks, drained and chopped into smaller pieces
- 3 T. red onion, chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 7 slider buns
- fresh arugula
- Start by making the pineapple salsa. Add the chopped pineapple chunks, the red onion, parsley or cilantro, jalapeno, the lime juice and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl. Stir and taste for seasonings, then cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place the ground pork in a large bowl and add the cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well and form into 7 patties (about 1/4 lb. each)
- Heat your grill to a medium high heat, you can also cook these in a large skillet in two batches, place the pork patties on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a platter and cover with foil for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the sliders by placing a few arugula leaves on the bottom half of a slider bun. Top with one of the pork patties then a spoonful of the pineapple salsa.