An easy, low-carb appetizer or snack that can be put together in minutes!
- 1 lb. lean roast beef from the deli
- 10 miniature bell peppers sliced in half
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. dried oregano
- 3 T. marsala wine
- 1 1/2 T. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Chop up the roast beef into small pieces and add to the skillet with the onion.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and marsala wine.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the cream cheese, stirring to combine with the filling.
- Remove the filling to a large bowl to cool.
- Place the halved peppers on a baking sheet.
- Fill with the roast beef filling and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the filling is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Makes 20 mini stuffed peppers