- 1 tube Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage
- 1 10 oz. package mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Heat up the panini press.
- Cook the mushrooms in a tablespoon of butter with 1 teaspoon of salt in a large skillet until browned and set aside.
- In the same pan add the sausage, breaking up with a spoon until browned and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough slightly until you get a large rectangle, then cut in half.
- spray the panini press wiuth cooking spray and lay one half of the rectangle on the bottoem of the panini press.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, the sausage, mushrooms and then ending with the other half of cheese.
- Top with the other half of the dough and press down with the top of the panini press.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned on the bottom and then carefully fip over with a spatula and press down again.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes on the second side until brown and carefully remove to a cutting board.
- Once cooled for a few minutes, cut into 2″ strips and serve with marinara sauce.