This delicious twist on potato salad starts with oven roasted potatoes and a creamy BBQ dressing!
- 5 pounds yellow or russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
For The Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite kind
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the salt, pepper and olive oil then spread out onto 2 baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes, tossing twice during cooking, until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool.
- Make the dressing by adding the barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, dijon, parsley, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisking together until smooth.
- Add the roasted and cooled potatoes to a large bowl along with the scallions, celery and bacon. Pour the dressing over the ingredients in the bowl and toss together until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or longer if needed.
- Toss before serving and garnish with chopped parsley.
Keywords: potato salad, potato salad recipe, oven roasted potatoes, side dishes, bbq sides, potluck recipes, potato recipes