#CollectiveBias #LoveMyCereal #QuakerUp
Chicken fingers coated in Quaker® Oatmeal Squares and baked until crispy.
Serve them up with my homemade honey mustard and you’ll have
clean plates all around!
These Quaker® Oatmeal Square Chicken Fingers are crispy, crunchy and unbelievably tasty…and they’re baked, not fried!
The holidays are definitely the craziest time of the year for us like for most families.
Trying to get all of your holiday shopping done, cooking, wrapping…
I remember when the kids were little, before they were in school all day and we’d actually have to get a babysitter to go out Christmas shopping together. So by the time we got the kids ready for bed, cleaned the house for the babysitter and headed out to shop we were fried. So many times we would just end up at a restaurant eating a quiet meal with each and having a couple of drinks.
Shopping would have to wait.
But now that both the boys are in school we can tackle it together. So we headed out to Walmart figuring it would be a one-stop shopping.
And thankfully it was – Christmas presents, check. Dinner ingredients, check.
When I was asked by Quaker® to come up with a creative recipe for using their cereal, the first thing I thought of was chicken fingers. Everyone loves chicken fingers, right? Kids, parents, granparents. I don’t ever see anyone turn them down.
And what better way to make them than with a crispy, sweet, cereal coating? We walked down the cereal aisle at Walmart to decide which Quaker® cereal to use. We looked at each one, the Quaker® Life, Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Real Medleys® but we finally decided on the Quaker® Oatmeal Squares,
I crushed up the Quaker® Oatmeal Squares in my blender until they were crushed up into fine crumbs.
Then dipped the chicken in flour and egg and then coated it with the cereal crumbs.
Drizzled a little olive oil over the tops and baked them at 450 degrees for 6 minutes on each side.
These baked chicken fingers blew away any other “oven baked” recipe that I’ve tried before. The Quaker® Oatmeal Squares cereal turned out to be the perfect coating.
All that’s left to do was to throw together the boy’s favorite homemade honey mustard sauce and dinner was served.
This is definitely my new favorite way to make chicken fingers – I love a dinner that the whole family actually loves, not just 2 out of 4 or 3 out of 4 which is the way it usually goes. But these Oatmeal Square Chicken Fingers were a hit with everyone.
Now that’s a winner winner chicken dinner!
What’s your favorite side dish to serve with chicken fingers? Fries, applesauce, salad?
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 2 c. Quaker® Oatmeal Squares cereal, ground in a food processor or blender
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
For the Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 T. honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour the ground Quaker® Oatmeal Squares into a shallow dish.
- Beat the eggs with a Tablespoon of water in a bowl.
- Place the flour in another shallow dish.
- Take a piece of chicken and coat it in the flour lightly, shaking off the excess.
- Then dip into the egg wash, letting the excess egg drip off.
- Next place in the dish of cereal crumbs and coat well, pressing the crumbs into the chicken.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken fingers with a little olive oil and bake for 6 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce in a small dish.
- Serve the chicken fingers with the honey mustard sauce on the side for dipping.
- Serving Size: 6