- 3 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1/2 c. – 3/4 c. of heavy cream
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/4 c. kosher salt
- 3 T. butter
- Cook 6 pieces of the bacon in a large skillet until crisp then drain on paper towels to get off most of the grease.
- Break up 4 of the pieces of bacon into the bowl of a food processor and grind until fine.
- Reserve the other 2 pieces of bacon for crumbling over the top of the potatoes.
- Pour the bacon out onto paper towels, cover with another paper towel and press down until all the grease is gone.
- Add the bacon to a small bowl with the kosher salt and mix together with your fingers until all of the bacon is worked into the salt.
- Start a large pot of water to boil and add in the potatoes and the 2 remaining slices of raw bacon.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender, then drain.
- Discard the bacon and add the drained potatoes back to the pot.
- Add in the cream and butter and 1 T. of the bacon salt.
- Mash with a potato mashed until you get the desired consistency.
- Test for seasonings, then add the remaining crumbled bacon to the pot and stir to incorporate.
- You can also add the crumbled bacon to the top of your potatoes once their in a serving dish.
- Serving Size: 6