Rigatoni with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe is a one dish meal that everyone your family will love. Easy to make, easy to clean up and delicious to eat!
- 1 (12 oz.) package Johnsonville Italian Sausage, hot or mild
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- 1 head of broccoli rabe
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot with at least 6 quarts of water to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoons of salt and then drop in the rigatoni.
- Cook according to the package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then scoop out the pasta with a small strainer or a ladle and place in a colander to drain.
- Bring the pot of water back to a boil and then add in the broccoli rabe.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then drain and place the broccoli rabe into a large bowl of ice water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the sausage, breaking up with a spoon as you go until completely browned.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the crushed garlic to the same skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the broccoli rabe, tomatoes and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage, pasta and parmesan cheese to the skillet, stir to combine, then pour in the reserved pasta water a little at a time to make the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Keywords: rigatoni recipe, pasta recipe, dinner recipe, one pot meal, broccoli rabe recipe, rigatoni with sausage, pasta with sausage, pasta with sausage recipe, pasta with broccoli rabe