Make these French Dip Party Sliders for a fun dinner or for party appetizers! These tasty, beef sliders are the best slider recipe for a crowd!
There’s so many great slider recipes to make and I’ve tried just about all of them. Classic ham and cheese sliders, turkey sliders, beef sliders or even cuban sliders.
All tasty slider recipes I’d love to sit down and eat.
So you know I had to try and make my own version, and I feel like this one tops them all. My favorite part about this slider recipe?
A buttery gravy that gets poured on top and baked into these party sliders.
So unbelievably delicious and I have to say, I think I invented this buttery gravy recipe. You might see versions of it other places but you saw it here first!
We love making appetizers that can turn into the main course like these Tex-Mex Sausage Tortilla Rolls. You think you’re just putting them out for appetizers but then you just keep eating until it becomes dinner.
These roast beef sliders are a great example of that – put them out for apps or dinner, you’ll be good either way.
How Do You Make Caramelized Onions?
A key to this french onion slider recipe is a huge amount of caramelized onions. Maybe you think you’re not an onion fan? Well caramelize a whole bunch in butter and then see how you feel.
Cook the onions in a good amount of butter and or olive oil over low heat until the onions cook down and get nice and sweet. It does take a few minutes to accomplish perfect caramelized onions but it’ll be worth the wait.
After your onions are cooked down you can start putting these sliders together. Grab your roast beef (right from the deli counter) and some provolone cheese too while you’re there…
Put these tasty sliders in a glass baking dish and then you can start the gravy.
When I say gravy, I really mean a melted butter sauce that tastes like an amazing buttery, beef gravy.
If you look at a recipe for ham and cheese party sliders they all get topped with a ton of butter and seasonings but since I’m making french dip party sliders I decided to add some beef gravy flavor to the butter.
Grab these powdered gravy packets right at the grocery store. Yep, to answer your question, we use them all the time. Homemade gravy like everything else is always best but sometimes you need a few short cuts.
How To Make Party Sliders
I can’t even tell you how crazy good these French Dip Party Sliders turned out – you just have to make them and see for yourself! For a party, they’re perfect. For dinner? Perfect.
The only bad part? There probably won’t be any leftovers.
We probably have to double the recipe next time, which is really easy to do.
Because homemade slider recipes like this are sure to be a hit for any type of meal!
These french onion beef sliders are so easy to make and they are perfect for a fun dinner or party appetizers!
- 12 slider buns (like King’s Hawaiian)
- 1 lb. sliced roast beef
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoon butter
For the Gravy
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered gravy
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet then add the copped onions.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 20 minutes until browned and caramelized.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bottoms of the slider buns in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place a folded piece of the roast beef on each bun bottom.
- Next add a heaping tablespoon of the caramelized onions on top of each slice of roast beef, then top with a slice of provolone cheese, following with the bun tops.
- To make the gravy, melt the butter in a small saucepan then add in the rest of the gravy ingredients.
- Stir to combine, turn off the heat, then pour the gravy over the tops of each beef slider.
- Wrap with foil tightly and cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the sliders and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes until the tops are browned.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: beef sliders, party sliders, french onion sliders, mini sliders, slider recipe, slider ideas, tasty sliders, hawaiian roll sliders, slider appetizers, sliders for a crowd