You can make this easy taco pie recipe low carb too by omitting the crust! This beef taco pie is so delicious, it might just take over taco night!
- 1 frozen pie crust (follow the instructions on the package)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup store bought salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the toppings
- Shredded lettuce
- pickled jalapénos, chopped
- diced tomatoes
- extra cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet start browning the beef in the canola oil over medium heat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt, cumin and salsa and stir to combine.
- Pour the beef filling into your pre-baked pie crust and top with a layer of the shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top the taco pie with the lettuce first and then add any additional toppings desired.
Keywords: taco pie, beef taco pie, easy taco pie, low carb taco pie, taco pie recipe, dinner recipes, ground beef recipes, taco casserole