Trying to figure out what to make with all those Thanksgiving leftovers? This comfort food favorite dinner recipe uses ALL your leftovers, including the leftover turkey!
- 3 cups leftover turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 jarred gravy (or leftover if you have it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Next add the peas and carrots, stirring in with the onions.
- Add the salt, pepper and flour. Stir and cook for 2 minutes then whisk in the chicken broth.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil pour in the milk and gravy. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Taste for seasonings then stir in the cooked turkey.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into a 2 quart baking dish then top with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then place under the broiler for 5 minutes if desired.
Keywords: leftover recipes, Thanksgiving leftovers, leftover turkey, casseroles, shepherds pie, comfort food, dinner recipes