This festive, boozy chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 3 cups flour (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3-4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Jameson Whiskey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (can use a mixture of white and dark)
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter to a small pan and cook on low heat until melted. Pour in the whiskey, stir and let cool.
- Add both white and brown sugars to a large bowl then pour in the cooled butter and whiskey. Beat with a hand mixer for about a minute.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well, then add the vanilla and mint extracts. (If you are adding the food coloring do it in this step too)
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the mixed dry ingredients about a cup at a time until just mixed together.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough, then refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray and scoop out the cookies dough using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper. (golf ball sized)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, just until the bottom edge browns and remove from the oven.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
3 cups of flour will give you a thicker, fluffier, cake like cookie but still very moist if you follow the baking time. If you want a thinner, chewier, crispy cookie then reduce the flour to 2 1/4 cups.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie recipe, cookie recipe, st. patrick's day recipes, dessert recipes, easy desserts