This twist on a baked ziti recipe can be on the table in just minutes with a little help from the store!
- 1 lb. ziti, rigatoni or other tube shaped pasta
- 9 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach (or a 10 ounce box chopped spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out)
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen turkey meatballs
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 grated parmesan
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start a large pot of water to boil, once it comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to package direction and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking you can start the sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter then whisk in the cream. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and stir well to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes on low then cover and remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, return it to the same pot that you cooked it in, along with the fresh spinach, frozen meatballs and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir well to combine.
- Spray a 9″ x 12″ baking dish with cooking spray then pour in the pasta mixture.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Keywords: baked ziti recipe, baked ziti, italian wedding soup, dinner recipe, pasta recipes, meatball recipes