This easy Italian Stuffing Muffins recipe is made in a muffin pan and has Italian bread, Italian sausage and a surprise cheesy center!
- 16 oz. loaf of Italian bread, sliced, toasted and cubed (about 10 cups)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) container of fresh mozzarella balls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and then add the sausage to brown.
- Break the sausage up with a spoon while it browns into small pieces.
- About halfway through browning the sausage, add in the onions and celery.
- Cook until the onions and celery have softened and the sausage is browned through, about 5 more minutes, then add in the roasted red peppers.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- To a large bowl, add the toasted bread cubes and the beaten eggs.
- Pour the sausage mixture over the bread cubes, add in the salt and pepper and Italian seasoning and stir until all the bread is coated withe the broth.
- Butter (or spray) a muffin tin then fill halfway with the stuffing mixture.
- Add 4 or 5 mozzarella balls to the center of each muffin, (or use 1 larger ball if that’s what you’re using) then add more stuffing to the top. You want the stuffing mounded on top to look like a muffin when they come out of the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a jumbo muffin tin and 15 minutes for a regular size muffin tin, then remove from the oven to let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tin and serve.
I used a jumbo muffin pan for this recipe, if you’re using a regular muffin pan you’ll need to reduce the cooking time to 15 minutes.
Keywords: easy stuffing recipe, individual stuffing recipe, muffin tin recipes, sausage stuffing recipe, side dish recipe, stuffing muffin recipe, homemade stuffing recipe