This fried rice recipe has all the Italian flavors you love!
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella balls (I used the smallest ones for this but any size will do)
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium heat then add the sausage to brown.
- Cook the sausage breaking up into pieces until browned through, then add in the onion, both peppers, salt, oregano and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the onion and peppers are softened then add the rice.
- Stir to combine the rice with the sausage and vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the marsala wine, stir, then add the sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Stir once more to combine and serve.
Keywords: fried rice, fried rice recipe, dinner recipes, easy dinner, dinner ideas, rice recipe