This homemade Amaretto recipe is so easy to make! It will make all your cocktails taste so much better!
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- Heat up both sugars with 1 cup of water in a saucepan,
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Pour the cooled sugar water into a sealable bottle, a mason jar would work great for this too.
- Add the vodka, vanilla beans and almond extract and stir.
- Let sit for a week at room temperature then strain through a piece of cheesecloth and return to the same bottle.
Keywords: homemade amaretto, amaretto recipe, vodka recipe, amaretto, how to make amaretto