These thoughts and opinions are my own, this post was brought to you by our friends at Martha Stewart Living.
These Hawaiian Ham Kabobs are perfect for a quick dinner on the grill! Or you can grill them up and pack these kabobs up for a fun picnic or tailgate!
When we make a quick dinner on busy nights, we still like to make them fun and nutritious. By using simple, store ready ingredients like these Castle WoodReserve® premium deli meats you can create lots of quick and easy dinners without doing a lot of work ahead of time.
In addition to just making quick dinners at home one of our other Spring time activities is packing lunch or dinner to go and heading out to an outdoor concert or park. When the weather warms up here on the East coast we like to take advantage of it and get outside, whether it’s grilling on the deck or packing picnic baskets to go.
These Hawaiian Ham Kabobs are a perfect dinner or lunch for taking on the go, too! You can prep them all at home then grill at the park or on your to-go hibachi grill, or you can grill them before you leave then pack them up in your cooler.
Simple ingredients make this meal easy, I grabbed this Castle Wood Reserve® Uncured Honey Ham at Walmart along with the rest of the ingredients I needed to get this recipe done quickly and easily.
And fun, did I mention fun? These kabobs are fun food. Everyone likes food on a stick, right? I can even get my little guy to eat the vegetables off these kabobs just because it’s served on a stick.
Parenting tip of the day…
All you have to do to get these kabobs ready is soak a few wooden skewers in water for a couple of hours or overnight if you have time. That’s so they don’t burn up when your grilling them so it’s a step you don’t want to leave out!
Then just thread on some pineapple, green peppers, ham and red onion. Brush the kabobs with oil and get them on the grill!
Season these very simply with salt and pepper, then garnish with fresh thyme leaves when they’re done.
Doesn’t get much easier – or tastier – than that!
- 16 oz. (1 package) Castle Wood Reserve® Uncured Honey Ham
- 3 green bell peppers, washed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Assemble the kabobs, alternating with the sliced Honey Ham, pineapple, red onion and peppers.
- Brush the kabobs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the kabobs over high heat, turning during cooking. We grilled ours for about 5-7 minutes total.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill, season with fresh thyme leaves and serve immediately.