This unique sausage and peppers recipe is perfect for parties or an easy dinner night!
- 2 packages (10 links) of bratwurst
- 10 hot dog buns
For the Onion and Pepper Topping
- 4 yellow onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- Add the oil and butter to a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and let cook for 15 minutes being careful not to let the onions burn.
- Pour in the beer, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes until the beer is mostly evaporated.
- Stir in the mustard and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Grill the bratwurst until warmed through and serve on buns with the pepper and onion topping.
Keywords: sausage and peppers recipe, grilling recipes, bratwurst, easy dinner recipe