Serves 6 for appetizers
- 1 jar (34 oz) baby artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Canola or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
For the Garlic Aioli
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Fill a deep sided pot about half way up with he oil. Heat on medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Season the artichokes with salt and pepper.
- Dip the artichokes in the flour first, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the artichokes and set aside until the oil is ready.
- Frying the artichokes in small batches for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until the artichokes are all fried.
To make the garlic aioli
- Add the the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine
These freeze really well if you want to make them ahead of time, cool completely then freeze. Heat in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes before serving.