serves 8 for appetizers
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen salmon, or you can substitute (3) 5 oz. cans of canned salmon
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- RITZ Crackers for serving
- If using fresh salmon, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper, place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minuets until the fish flakes apart.
- Remove the skin from the bottom and place into a medium sized bowl to cool.
- Flake the salmon with a fork or your hands, then add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest.
- Stir to combine then cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
If using frozen salmon thaw completely before putting in the oven to bake.
If using canned salmon just proceed to adding it to a bowl with the other ingredients.