These delicious coconut rum cookies are going to be a hit for any occasion!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Rum
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (7 oz.) bag sweetened coconut
- 1 (12 oz.) bag chocolate kisses (dark or milk) unwrapped
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer until combined.
- Add sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the rum then beat together for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and salt together.
- Turn the mixer on low, then start adding the flour to the butter and sugar a little at a time until all the flour is incorporated.
- Form the cookie dough into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make an egg wash by beating the egg with the remaining 2 tablespoons of rum.
- Scoop the dough into balls using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, dip into the egg wash and roll in the coconut.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned on the edges.
- While the cookies are still warm, press one chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
You can store these cookies in a container for 3-4 days after baking.
Keywords: cookie recipe, coconut cookies, easy cookie recipe, thumbprint cookies, rum cookies, dessert recipe