You’ll love this Creamy Marsala Mushroom Soup! The mushrooms, cream & wine create a delicious flavor that makes this comforting soup a keeper.
- 2 10 oz. containers button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add the butter to a large pot over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the mushrooms and onions then stir.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until browned over low heat, stirring often, then add the garlic to the pan.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of the marsala wine to deglaze the pan, scrapping up the bottom of the pan while you stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the liquid is almost completely gone.
- Add the chicken broth, rosemary, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of marsala with the cornstarch and add to the soup. Bring to a boil
- then turn the heat down to simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth, then pour in the cream and stir.
- Taste for seasonings and serve.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup in batches to a regular blender instead. Let the soup cool for a few minutes before you put it in the blender and don’t fill it more than 1/3 of the way full.
Keywords: creamy mushroom soup, creamy mushroom soup recipe, homemade soup recipe, mushroom soup recipe, recipes for mushroom soup, best recipe for mushroom soup, mushroom recipe