This Cranberry Whiskey Gravy is the only gravy recipe you’re going to need this Thanksgiving! Homemade gravy is actually easy to make with these few simple steps!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup onion, diced fine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (this will depend on how salty your drippings are so you could add the salt at the end if you like)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce (canned)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 ounce whiskey (We used Jim Beam Maple)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, then add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until softened. Don’t skip this step, the onions add tons of flavor to the gravy.
- Next, carefully pour in the whiskey, whisk and cook down for one minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine with the butter and onions and cook for a minute more.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and drippings, then add the rosemary to the pan.
- Bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk in the cranberry sauce and taste for seasonings.
If you don’t have a cup of drippings from your turkey just add in more chicken broth to equal 2 cups of liquid.
Keywords: gravy recipe, homemade gravy, thanksgiving recipes, turkey gravy, easy gravy recipe, how to make gravy, brown gravy, easy brown gravy recipe