This tangy and sweet bourbon cocktail is perfect for brunch or happy hour!
For the garnish
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 half of a thin grapefruit slice
For the drink
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce orange liquor (like Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- Dip the rim of a coupe glass into a shallow dish of water.
- Mix the zest and sugar together on another shallow dish the dip the rim of the glass in to coat the edge.
- Add the bourbon, orange liquor and grapefruit juice to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the prepared glass and garnish with grapefruit slice.
Keywords: brunch cocktails, bourbon cocktails, sidecar, grapefruit cocktails, drink recipes