- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and the melted butter and beat with a mixer (hand held or stand) until well combined.
- Add in the rest of the the wet ingredients and mix again until combined.
- Add in half the flour mixture, beat to combine then add the rest and beat again until blended.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop out the dough using a 3 tablespoon scoop and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- These are large cookies that will spread so only put 6 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from Java Cupcake.