This comforting pasta recipe tastes better than a meal from a restaurant! Grab a rotisserie chicken from the store to save some time!
- 2 (9 oz.) packages of fresh fettuccine (can substitute a 1 pound box of dried pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces of mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 ounces of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Extra parmesan cheese for garnish
- Start a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and brown for 5 minutes until crisp, then remove from the skillet to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the mushrooms to the same skillet and brown for 8-10 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste, then add the onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir the garlic into the onions and mushrooms, then pour the marsala wine into the skillet and let reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, butter and parmesan cheese and let the sauce come to a gentle simmer.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and add back to the pot.
- Add the shredded chicken and prosciutto to pot with the pasta then pour the sauce carefully into the pot.
- Toss together gently until all the pasta is combined with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parley and parmesan cheese then serve.
Keywords: pasta recipe, pasta dinner, dinner recipes, comfort food, chicken recipes, recipes with rotisserie chicken