makes 36 meatballs
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. finely diced red pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning
- 1 can (4.5 oz) green chilies
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 c. crushed tortilla chips
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 16 oz. enchilada sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the onion, garlic and red pepper in the olive oil for 5 minutes until softened.
- Remove to a large bowl to cool.
- Once cooled add in the ground chicken, taco seasoning, green chilies, egg, tortilla chips, salt and pepper.
- Mix well to combine and from into golf ball sized meatballs.
- Heat up the same skillet with the additional tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, then take off the heat.
- Pour the enchilada sauce into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place the browned meatballs on top.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and add the mozzarella cheese.
- Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.