This chicken meatloaf recipe has layers of ham and cheese tucked in between a super juicy meatloaf!
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices virginia ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh or panko breadcrumbs for the topping
For the Creamy Dijon Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the ground chicken to a large bowl and mix with the egg, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, minced onion, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with cooking spray and add half the chicken mixture to the bottom of the pan spreading it out to make an even layer.
- Next layer on three slices of ham then three slices of cheese. Repeat with another layer of ham and cheese.
- Top the meatloaf with the rest of the chicken, spreading the layer evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from the oven and carefully top with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven for 15 minutes, covering with foil halfway through if the breadcrumbs start to get to browned.
- To make the gravy, add the butter to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Next add the cream, milk, worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard.
- Whisk to combine and let come to a simmer to thicken.
- After 3-4 minutes add the parmesan cheese and nutmeg, whisk to combine and taste for seasonings.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes in the loaf pan after you remove it from the oven, then carefully lift out of the pan and slice.
- Serve with sauce on the side or spooned over top.
* Insert a meat thermometer and make sure the chicken is 165 degrees before serving.
Keywords: meatloaf recipe, chicken meatloaf, meatloaf, chicken cordon bleu, low carb dinner, easy chicken recipe