This Cheeseburger Flatbread is going to blow you away! If you can’t decide between burgers and pizza night, have them both!
It wasn’t what I meant to do, but it turns out that this tastes exactly, I mean exactly like a Big Mac. But way better, and I’m sure a lot better for you too.
I wanted to re-create a cheeseburger flatbread that we saw on a menu when we were on vacation last week. We never actually got to order it because the kids kept wanting the BBQ pulled pork flatbread…so it was kind of on my mind when we came home.
And I’ve been wanting to try making pizza on the grill since I’ve never done it before so here was my chance.
First make all your toppings, the ground beef, the pickled jalapeno pickle relish and the sauce. What goes on a cheeseburger? ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pickles…so that’s what I put in this sauce. Except I used a sweet chili sauce instead of ketchup just for a little more flavor. It totally tastes like the Big Mac “special” sauce. I know there’s a whole world out there full of copycat recipes for the Big Mac special sauce, but I’ll tell you- this is the one to make.
I used store-bought pizza dough, no need to make your own…
Roll it out a little and throw it on the grill for a few minutes, then flip it over and let it cook a few more minutes on the other side.
Next you’ll add your american cheese slices and then your seasoned ground beef. Let that warm up until it’s hot, then slide the flatbread off the grill onto a cutting board.
Add your homemade pickle relish and copped lettuce and then top with your special sauce. I used a resealable bag to squeeze it on evenly, but anyway you can drizzle it on there will work just fine.
All there is left to do is cut it up and eat. Needless to say it was a huge hit with the kids, but I fought them off.
This one was all for me!Print
Pickled Jalapeno Pickle Relish
- 1 c. finely chopped pickles
- 1/2 c. finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 c. finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. sweet chili sauce
- 1 T. mustard
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 t. pickle juice
Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 1 /2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 ball of store-bought pizza dough
- 12 slices american cheese
- 1/2 head of iceburg lettuce, shredded
- Add all the ingredients for the pickle relish into a bowl and stir to combine. Pour into a fine strainer and let drain. After all the juice is drained out, divide in half for the 2 flatbreads.
- Make the sauce for the flatbread by adding all the ingredients to a small bowl and stirring to combine. Let sit in the fridge for a while until the rest of your flatbread is done.
- Next, heat up a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Add in the seasonings and cook until there is no pink left in the meat. Drain the beef, divide in half and set aside to cool.
- Cut a ball of store-bought pizza dough in half. Using one half, roll the dough out on a cutting board until you get a thing, circular shape.
- Place the dough carefully on an oiled grill and let cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat. Check the bottom of the dough after 4 minutes and see if it’s ready to flip. There should be brown grill marks and the dough should feel firm.
- Flip the dough over and let cook another 3-4 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is. Then add 6 slices of the american cheese and half the ground beef mixture. Close the grill and let cook a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the beef is hot.
- Slide the flatbread off to a cutting board and top with half of the pickle relish, half of the shredded lettuce and half of the sauce. Slice and serve.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Serving Size: 4