This decadent side dish recipe is going to be a hit at any holiday table!
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Streusel Topping
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a a large pot, boil the carrots about 7-8 minutes until they are just fork tender.
- Drain the carrots and place into an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish along with the butter, cut into pieces.
- Mix together the walnuts, brown sugar, flour, butter and salt in a bowl using your fingers to get all the ingredients worked into the butter.
- Add the streusel topping to the top of the carrots, spreading out to cover them.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is browned.
Keywords: roasted carrots, side dish recipes, vegetable side dish, holiday side dish, buttered carrots, thanksgiving sides, Christmas sides, Easter Sides