serves 6 for appetizers
- 6 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. salt
- 1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 t. worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 450º.
- Slice the potatoes on a mandoline or cut them into thin strips with a knife.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl of cold water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Dry the potatoes with paper towels, you’ll want to do this really well, you don’t want any moisture on the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes with the salt, garlic powder and olive oil and place on a single layer on two baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes then take the fries out and flip over. Just check to make sure they’re getting browned on the bottom before you flip them.
- Put them back in the oven for another 20 minutes until browned.
- While the fries are in the oven you can make the blue cheese sauce.
- Put all ingredients for the sauce in a blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth and transfer to a small bowl.
- When the fries have browned, transfer them to a large bowl and toss with about 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce.
- Place the fries back on the baking sheets and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Taste the fries for seasoning and salt them once more if you think they need it.
- Serve with the blue cheese dipping sauce.
- These fries can also be topped with cheese, scallions, blue cheese crumbles or whatever you like!