- 1 lb. jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 /4 teaspoon mustard seed
- pinch salt
- Bring the cider, beer, sugar, pepper flakes, mustard seed and salt to a boil. Stir and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the jalapeños, stir and cook while simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jalapeños with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Bring the liquid back to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce the glaze.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Pour the glaze over the jalapeños and chill in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving to mellow the heat.
You can store these jalapeños in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to a month.