- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, cooked and shredded (or you can use 1 pound of shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- First make the stir-fry sauce by adding all the ingredients except the cornstarch mixture in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, add the cornstarch mixture, whisk to combine and then let simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add the canola oil to a wok and heat over high heat.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until browned on both sides (give them a couple of stirs but let them brown) then add in the shaved brussels sprouts and shredded chicken.
- Stir together and cook 3-4 minutes until the sprouts have wilted a little.
- Add in the stir fry sauce starting with only half (see note), then adding more depending on your tastes.
*Don’t add in all the stir-fry sauce at first, start with half and then as more depending on how “saucy” you like your Chinese food. We used all of it because we like to serve this on top of rice. If you buy a brussels sprout stalk, you’ll just need one. If you buy the 9 oz. containers in the store 2 will be fine. If you buy the shaved brussels sprouts in a bag you’ll need 2 10 oz. bags.