These wings are deep fried and tossed in an amazing homemade whiskey glaze. An easy chicken wings recipe that’s so addicting there won’t be any left!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, separated
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4 c. plus 1 T. McCormick® Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
- 2 t. salt, divided
- vegetable oil for frying
For the Whiskey Glaze
- 6 cloves of garlic, grated with a hand grater or chopped very fine
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 c. pineapple juice
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 c. Crown Royal Whiskey
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 T. cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 T. of water
- Heat the oven to 400º, and also start heating a large pot filled half way with oil over medium heat.
- Season the wings with 1 t. of the salt and 1/4 c. of the grill seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the wings are in the oven you can start the glaze. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, careful not to let it burn.
- Carefully add the whiskey and let it cook down for 2 minutes.
- Next add the rest of the glaze ingredients (except the cornstarch mixture) and cook, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the glaze. Bring to a boil and cook for another 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Combine the flour, the remaining tablespoon of grill seasoning and the other teaspoon of salt in a large bowl.
- After the wings have cooled coat them with the flour mixture shaking off the excess.
- Once the oil temperature reaches 350º, fry the wings for 2-3 minutes until the coating is light brown in color and crispy.
- Toss the wings in the whiskey glaze and serve.
If you don’t have a thermometer for the oil, stick the handle of a wooden spoon in the oil. If it bubbles then your oil is ready.
Alternately, if you don’t want to fry, you can stop after the wings have been baked, toss them in the glaze and serve.
Keywords: chicken wing recipe, fried chicken wings recipe, crispy chicken wings, easy chicken wings recipe, whiskey glaze, how to fry chicken wings