These Taco Egg Rolls with Avocado Cream Sauce are going to be the hit at your next party! These crispy homemade egg rolls are the perfect party food appetizer.
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. cream
For the egg rolls
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 1b. ground lean ground beef
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. jalapeno, diced
- 1 T. fresh garlic, diced
- 1 T. cumin
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1 T. chili powder
- 3 T. canned diced green chilies
- 3/4 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Start by making the avocado cream sauce. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a hand blender until smooth. Taste for seasoning, then place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet with the 2 T. of olive oil, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper then let cook for 10 minutes until all the pink is gone. Drain any liquid that is left in the pan.
- Next add in the onion, garlic and jalapeno to the meat and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Add the seasonings and the green chilies to the meat filling, stir to combine then let cool for a few minutes.
- After the meat filling has cooled, add the shredded jack cheese over the top and stir to blend the filling together well.
- Fill a large pot half-way with oil and place over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees. While the oil is heating up, you can wrap your egg rolls.
- Take 1 egg roll wrapper and place it on a cutting board. Put 2 T. of the meat filling in a strip on one side of the wrapper. Add some shredded lettuce to cover the meat.
- Roll over two times, then wet the 2 sides of the wrapper and fold it over towards the center of the egg roll. Continue to roll the egg roll to the end, sealing with water on the edge. Repeat with all the wrappers until you run out of filling.
- When the oil comes to temperature, add in 5-6 egg rolls at a time, frying for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining egg rolls.
Keywords: homemade egg rolls, taco egg rolls, easy party food recipe, how to make egg rolls, easy appetizer recipe