These Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings are fried crispy in this easy to make at home appetizer recipe! You’ll wonder why it took you so long to try it!
- 1 (48 oz. package) chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Malt vinegar
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Fill a large pot filled halfway with vegetable oil over medium heat and heat until a thermometer reaches 375 degrees.
- While the oil is heating up, toss the wings in the salt, garlic powder, paprika and sugar.
- Fry the wings in batches to not overcrowd the pot and cook for 10-12 minutes until crispy and brown and cooked through.
- Place the wings on a plate lined with paper towels and season them immediately with more salt and pepper. Add the malt vinegar to the wings, just a drizzle over the wings, not too much so they are wet with vinegar.
- Repeat cooking and seasoning the wings until all are cooked.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.
Alternately, you can bake the wings in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes until crispy. Spray the tops of the wings with cooking oil or baking spray before baking. For extra crispiness, you can broil the wings for 2-3 minutes after baking.
You can also use rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar to flavor the wings.
Keywords: chicken wing recipes, chicken wings, salt and vinegar wings, appetizer recipes, dinner ideas, crispy chicken wings, chicken recipes