This fun appetizer or dinner recipe uses some store bought help!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the meatballs in the microwave according to the package directions. Cut each meatball in half and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with non-stick spray over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and top with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Divide the meatballs in half, then add half of the meatballs cut side down on top of the cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce over the meatballs then top with half of the chopped basil and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Add another 1/4 cup of the cheese to cover the meatballs, then top with another tortilla.
- Press down on top of the quesadilla with a dinner plate and let cook for a minute or two, checking to see if the bottom tortilla is brown.
- When the quesadilla has browned, place your hand firmly on the dinner plate and flip the skillet over with your other hand, then slide the uncooked side of the tortilla back into the pan.
- Press down with the plate again and cook for 2-3 minutes until the other side is crispy and brown.
- Slide the quesadilla out onto a cutting board and repeat with the other 2 tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with extra chopped basil on top.
Keywords: quesadillas, quesadilla recipe, frozen meatballs, appetizers, easy appetizers, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, kid friendly recipes