Try these Crack Beef Tip Bites at your next party! Tender beef coated in an epic sauce that won’t be easily forgotten. Everyone is going to be begging for this recipe!
Sometimes you have to bring it. Bring the recipe that’s going to make everyone go bananas.
It’s not always going to be the easiest recipe but when it counts you’ve got to buckle down and start cooking.
These Crack Beef Tip Bites are it.
No frying, even though they look deliciously fried and crispy. Simple oven baked, breaded beef tips that are coated in the most delicious barbecue sauce ever.
Cheese and crackers are a favorite, don’t get me wrong, but you’ve got to have a star of the show too.
I like to use a really simple BBQ sauce for this beef tips recipe, nothing fancy, just a good bottled sauce that you like to use.
Just plain old BBQ sauce…because you’re going to doctor it up with a few ingredients.
Start out with about a pound of beef. You can grab beef tips right at the butcher counter in most grocery stores, or they might be called stew meat, either one will work.
Bread the beef in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs then get them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
The bake time is just about 10-12 minutes since the beef is cut into smaller sized pieces like you see here. If you’re beef tips are larger than mine you can add a few minutes to the cooking time.
When they come out of the oven they look like this –
Now it’s time to dunk them in the sauce. All you need to do is heat up your favorite sauce, like we talked about, and add garlic, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
A good amount of brown sugar, we want these beef bites nice and gooey.
The brown sugar in the sauce is what gives this recipe that “crack” coating. As it cools down the sauce gets super sticky and glazy…and totally delicious.
Serve them with Ranch dressing for dipping, or you can use blue cheese dressing too if you’re a fan – I am not so I’m sticking to Ranch.
Words can not begin to describe how good these Crack Beef Tip Bites are…you just have to trust me and make them.
Whether you serve this for appetizers, lunch, dinner or snacks, they’re going to be a hit! It won’t matter what time of day it is, no one is going to turn these down!
Crack Beef Tip Bites are so addicting, you won’t be able to stop eating them! They are surprisingly baked, not fried so feel free to munch away.
- 1 lb. beef tips or stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten with a splash of water
- Ranch dressing for dipping
For the Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups regular BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Set out three bowls for breading the beef, one with the flour, one with the eggs and one with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip a piece of beef into the flour so it’s fully coated, then shake off the excess.
- Now dip into the eggs and let the excess drip off.
- Finally dip into the breadcrumbs so the beef tip is fully coated on all sides and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the beef tips are coated then place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking you can make the sauce by adding the oil to a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds, then add the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
- Stir until combined and let simmer until the beef is ready.
- Coat the beef tips in the sauce either by dipping them in or pouring the sauce over the beef tips in a bowl. I like to dip them individually so the coating stays in tact, but this will depend on how many your making!
- Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.
Keywords: beef tips, crack beef, appetizer recipes, brown sugar glaze on beef, barbecue sauce on beef, beef bites