These Antipasto Salad Kabobs are a perfect party appetizer because there’s something for everyone! This is the best way to get your kids to eat salad!
A Fun, Low Carb Appetizer Recipe for Parties
I have to say, I’m not a big salad guy at all. I eat plenty of other vegetables, just not in salad form. But I do love an antipasto salad…minus the salad part.
Then I thought about combining antipasto and salad together and putting it on a stick to make it more fun to eat.
Did it work? I think it did. This is the BEST way ever to get your little guys to eat salad, I’m telling you. If it worked on a grown adult, I mean…
Add a homemade dressing for dipping on the side and you’ve got yourself a healthy, low carb recipe worthy of parties. We also make these for a fun, lighter dinner at home during the warmer months when no one feels like cooking.
Salad For Appetizers? Yes.
Heck yes! These Antipasto Salad Kabobs would be a super fun way to serve salad at your next party. This kabob recipe would also double as a side dish for dinner!
All you have to do is grab your favorite meats and cheeses and whatever other antipasto ingredients you like, olives, roasted red peppers…whatever you can think of.
Then I just threaded them on a wooden skewer and put some (some) lettuce leaves on there too. It’s not a LOT of salad, but it counts right?
For parties, you could even set out a bunch of different salad dressings and have a fun, salad kabob bar! I mean, there’s really no other way that salad can be this fun, people.
What Other Ingredients Can I Use On These Antipasto Salad Kabobs?
Feel free to swap out these ingredients here as you like. There’s SO many different options to choose from, here are just a few!
- Cooked, cubed turkey, chicken or ham
- Boiled or roasted shrimp
- Marinated Artichokes
- Different cheeses like provolone, parmesan or gouda
- Fresh vegetables like peppers, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
- Lightly toasted bread cubes
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
This healthy appetizer or side dish is a party favorite! There’s something on these salad kabobs for everyone!
- (2) 7 oz containers fresh mozzarella balls
- (2) 4 oz. packages prosciutto
- 1/2 lb. genoa salami, sliced thin
- (1) 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- (1) 6 oz can of black olives, or use the fresh cured olives from the olive bar at your grocery store
- 1 bag of leaf lettuce, any kind you like
- Lay out all you ingredients on a cutting board.
- Alternate the ingredients onto the skewers on any pattern you like, adding lettuce leaves after every few ingredients.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or serve with dressing for dipping on the side.
You can customize these kabobs any way you’d like. You could use turkey and ham, chunks of parmesan or cheddar.
Keywords: easy appetizers, appetizers, side dish recipe, salad recipe, low carb recipe, healthy recipes