These delicious chicken kabobs have the most addicting maple glaze!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 2” pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges, you should get about 8 wedges per onion
- 1 (10 oz.) package button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, washed
For the Glaze
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- Wooden or metal skewers, if using wooden skewers you need to soak them for a half an hour before you use them
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the glaze together in a bowl. Divide the glaze in half, putting half in a resealable bag and half in a saucepan.
- Add the cubed chicken to the storage bag and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- After the chicken has marinated, drain excess marinade and discard the marinade.
- Begin the glaze to a boil in the saucepan over medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, add the cornstarch mixture, whisking to combine and bring to a simmer. Once the glaze has thickened, turn the heat down to low or cover and turn the heat off.
- Start putting the chicken and vegetables on the skewers in an alternating pattern. You could also do skewers of all vegetables and all chicken if you don’t want to combine them together.
- Place the kabobs on a grill over medium-high heat, cooking for 3-4 minutes a side until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.
- Baste the kabobs with the glaze and cook an additional 1-2 minutes per side. Repeat with 1-2 more coatings of the glaze.
- These kabobs can be made with steak of fish too! Or keep them all vegetables for a vegetarian meal.
- Serving Size: 8
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kabob recipes, chicken kabobs, easy chicken recipes, grilling recipes, chicken on the grill, dinner ideas, maple glaze