Low Carb Cheese Crisp Nachos are the most delicious low carb appetizer! Whether you’re looking for a low carb recipe or not , you’re going to love these!
A Low Carb Appetizer With Beans???
OK, so unless you’re going super strict, keto crazy…yes. You can enjoy these Low Carb Cheese Crisp Nachos with a couple of beans. As you can see from the nutritional information in the recipes card, each filled cheese crisp only has about 1.5 carbs.
So as far as super delicious, party worthy, low carb appetizer recipes go…this is really low carb in my book. Just take a peak at a regular nacho recipe and compare the nutritional information, you’ll see how amazing these cheese crisp nachos really are!
We’re getting addicted to making cheese crisps of all kinds now. First we made these cheese crisps with sage and pine nuts. Then we made these cheese crisp meatball shooters with havarti and now these Low Carb Cheese Crisp Nachos.
This week we’re getting together with our friend Shelly to make a Mexican feast! We started with the apps, of course – nachos. Shelly made her version using french fries and we made ours using cheese crisps instead of tortilla chips.
Get the girls together and there’s usually cocktails involved! It’s always more fun cooking with friends…and we like to have options. Shelly’s recipe was obviously caarb loaded, with all those delicious french fries.
So you can either have a little sample of both or stick to one or the other.
How To Make Low Carb Cheese Crisp Nachos
Start by making the chicken filling. Just brown ground chicken in a skillet with some seasonings, diced tomatoes and green chilis. Then it’s time to add the black beans…now, like I said.
These low carb nachos have a seriously low carb count, but if you’re really staying on the low carb diet, or maybe you’re just starting out, you can leave the beans out of the filling.
Once the filling is done you can set it aside and start making up the cheese crisps which will stand in for the tortilla chips.
I used a Pepper jack cheese for my cheese crisps to give it a little extra spice and they turned out awesome. But you can swap out with whatever cheese you like, cheddar, Monterey jack, Swiss or Gouda. You want a firmer cheese that shreds nicely, nothing too soft because the cheese crisps won’t harden up.
Place the cheese in piles on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for about 6 minutes.
Let them sit for a minute when they first come out of the oven and then carefully lay each crisp over a rolling pin to form its shape. You can place these flat on a wire rack too if you just want a flat chip.
Fill the “chips” with a scoop of the meat, add some guacamole and start eating. Once you start you probably won’t be able to stop – fair warning. It’s a good thing we’re saving on the carbs with our Cheese Crisp Nachos ’cause we’re also diving into Shelly’s Skillet Frachos…
These nachos are so good you’ll never miss the tortilla chip! Stay tuned this week for the rest of our Mexican dinner menu!
Looking For More Low Carb Recipes?
- 30 Incredible Low Carb Dinners
- Low Carb Sausage & Vegetable Soup
- Low Carb BLT Bites
- Italian Deli Roll Ups
- Naked Sheet Pan Tacos
These super tasty low carb cheese crisps are just like eating nachos – without the chip!
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounce can of Ro*Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4.5 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup of black beans, rinsed
- Store bought guacamole or Homemade Guacamole
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and then add in the ground chicken, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it browns. Next add the cumin, garlic powder, salt, green chilies, Ro*Tel and the black beans to the pan and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to cook out some of the juices in the pan and then remove from the heat. Cover and set aside.
- Measure out a heaping tablespoon of the cheese and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Space each pile out so you only have 6 on the sheet at a time because they will spread as they cook.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes and remove from the oven. Let the cheese sit for a minute after you take it out of the oven and then with a thin metal spatula, carefully take it off the pan and lay it over a rolling pin to harden. If you want a flat crisp then just place the crisps on a wire baking rack to harden.
- Repeat with the rest of the cheese, you should get about 24 crisps.
- Fill each crisp with the warm chicken topping and a scoop of guacamole.
- You can make the cheese crisps ahead of time. Store them in a plastic container until you’re ready to fill them with the chicken.
- To save even more carbs, leave the beans and tomatoes out of the chicken filling.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb recipes, low carb appetizers, cheese crisps, low carb nachos, party food, healthy recipes